Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollup 10 (UR 10) is available for download. Yep, that’s right 10, not 9. If you recall from a recent announcement, UR was skipped due to the delay of Service Release 8 not shipping. So, Update Rollup 9 is skipped and we are jumping right into UR 10. Having said that, UR 10 does include all the fixes that were scheduled for inclusion in UR 9. That means everything still gets fixed.
Additionally, keep in mind that Update Rollups do not generally contain new features UR 10 does not contain new features. Nope, they are not there so don’t look for them The next new feature release is scheduled for Fall 2012.
So what do you get with UR 10? As always, UR 10 is a cumulative release which means it contains all the issue resolution available from all previous Update Rollups. Additionally Update Rollup 6 is a requirement for UR 10 so ensure your systems have UR 6 before attempting to apply UR 10. You will be able to uninstall UR 10 if needed but you will not be able to uninstall UR 6.
Here are some of the fixes included in the release:
- Support for IE10 in Compatibility mode.
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Office 2013 preview.
- There are some known issue that you can read about here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2744957
- Some great performance enhancements
- Retrieve multiple queries and Quick Find.
- You can read more about this capability in the white paper: Optimizing and Maintaining the Performance of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Infrastructure.
- Check out the section on “Optimizing the Performance of Queries against Large Datasets”.
- Fix for Team owned Contact when assigning to a Marketing List
- Several CRM Outlook Client fixes to include Mapi issues, synchronization, performance, Offline Client, memory leaks, pinned views, etc.
- Issues with Goals not displaying correctly
- Share rights not honored in Marketing Lists
- Reports reading from filteredactivitypointer table returning incorrect data
- Fixes for email and mail merge templates
- Inability to create new organizations or import organizations after UR 6 is applied
- Recurring appointment corruption
- A few solution management issues are addressed
- Issues related to language packs
- SQL deadlock issue
- IE 10 display issues
As always, I encourage you to read through the list of fixes included in UR 10 to see if there are any you need. If so, download and install. If you prefer, you can wait to install UR 10 until September 16th. UR 10 is scheduled for availability from the Windows Update service on that date.