As most know, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollup 6 (UR6) hit a bump coming out of the gate. Fortunately, the Microsoft team caught the issue quickly and immediately pulled UR6 from availability.
The good news is that the issue was corrected and UR6 is re-released. There are a couple of items worth noting about the re-release:
- If you installed the initial release of Update Rollup 6 then you should install the re-released version immediately.
- If you previously installed Update Rollup 6 you will be able to install the re-released version on top of it.
- If you receive the error message, “Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.MspInstallAction” when attempting to install Update Rollup 6 or higher, then you need to uninstall the Dynamics CRM application and reinstall using a more recent download of the software package.
- Please see KB 2668504 for more information about the error message and resolution.
A few items to note regarding UR6:
- UR6 cannot be removed once installed.
- Specific database updates are applied in Update Rollup 6 that will not allow you to uninstall UR6.
- You should back up your databases before you install UR6.
- CRM Online server-side updates are planned for implementation beginning mid-February.
- CRM Online customers should apply the CRM Outlook Client updates at your earliest convenience.
- You can use the Windows Update service to install UR6. UR6 will be available from the Windows Update service beginning on January 24, 2012.
- UR6 contains the Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update features(Update Rollup 5).
- UR6 is a cumulative update that contains fixes included in UR1 – UR5.
As always, I encourage you to read through the list of fixes included in the UR to see if there are any you need. There is one I have been waiting on with regard to Dynamic Marketing Lists so I’m eager to test that issue once I install the update.
I’m so sorry to bother you, but I desperately need your help. I have email templates in my Dynamics CRM, but when I use them (through Outlook) all kinds of random fonts are used. I would you be able to help me?
Thank you so much!
That is something that I’ve not heard before.
Only a couple of things come to mind: the email templates have been corrupted somehow and need to be recreated, there are settings in Outlook that are changing the fonts. If it is an Outlook issue then take a look at your Outlook email settings. Here is a link on Outlook settings to get you started. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/apply-stationery-or-backgrounds-to-e-mail-messages-HA010169182.aspx
I hope this helps.
Have you noticed a bug with Rollup 6 regarding custom buttons on the ribbon. They seem to get disabled and stop working correctly randomly. If you remove the enable rules on the button, they seem to reappear.
I’ve heard about some changes that can impact ribbon buttons. You have to take care to ensure custom buttons are configured exactly according to the SDK. I hope this helps.
Suddenly we were having error on CRM 2011 that “Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Crm’ or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest”
When I check i found in CRMWb\bin directory Microsoft.crm.dll and adodb.dll file are have been replaced by someone. So
1. I have taken backup of database.
2. I manually run Update Rollup 6 “CRM2011-Server-KB2600640-ENU-amd64.exe” and completed successfully.
3. Rested CRM server.
But now i am getting message that 404 – file not found…. when i try to browse the CRM!! How can I fix it?
Thanks in advance.
I’m not sure what changed in your environment so it would be challenging to guide you without further researching the error. You can start by downloading the CRM diag tool and run a trace to get more information.