Update Rollup 4 is released for use. There are some good fixes in UR 4 that you might need. However, before applying UR 4 to your production environment, you will want to note that once installed, you can not uninstall. As with all Updates, you should first apply this Update to a test environment, after backing up your database, and fully test it before installing to production. This is even more important for Update Rollup 4 as once installed it can not be uninstalled. The only remedy for removing Update Rollup 4 is to restore to a point in time prior to when the Update was installed.
As always, Update Rollup 4 is a cumulative update which means it includes Update Rollup 1, 2 and 3. Here are a few highlights of the release:
- You cannot open Microsoft Dynamics CRM after you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 in an environment that has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Prerelease installed.
- When you open a service activity, click Schedule, and then click Find Available Times, incorrect available times are listed.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create two unmanaged solutions.
- You export the solutions as managed.
- You import the managed solutions.
- You import the first solution again by using the Overwrite setting
- In this scenario, an unmanaged layer is generated and some original fields are missing.
- When the duplicate detection is enabled, you cannot convert a lead to an opportunity.
- Records are visible regardless of the security role unexpectedly. This problem occurs because of the cascading in the POA table.
There is a long list of issues that are addressed in Update Rollup 4 so check it out and see if this Update Rollup is one you should apply.