As many are aware, there is an annoying pop-up window issue related to the CRM for Outlook Client that has been around for some time now. There are several posts on the issue including the first one that I saw which is by Julie Yack. As Julie states in her post, the fix for the issue is to take the following steps.
- In IE8 go to Tools->Internet Options->Security tab.
- Once there, click to “Reset all zones to default level”.
- Additionally, click “Enable Protected Mode”. I had already had protected mode selected, so I unchecked it, applied it, closed and restarted both IE and Outlook.
- Then went back to re-check it and apply it.
- Again, close and restart both IE and Outlook.
The above definitely fixes the annoying pop-up message but I noticed that when I changed my IE settings, I was no longer able to use the View in CRM or View Regarding link on a CRM tracked e-mail. When I selected either of the options from an open e-mail, the web page displayed a blank page. If I turned off Protected Mode, then I was able to view the records as expected. After digging around a bit I found a workaround that required an adjustment to the User Access Control Setting (UAC). It seems that in order to restore the View in CRM and View Regarding function, you must ‘turn off’ UAC. I confirmed that this is the available workaround for now.
So if you are experiencing this issue, you will need to turn off UAC. I’m confident that Microsoft will provide an alternative solution in the near future as I understand that this is not a viable option for all.
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that
it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!